A few things I want to speak about before my outfit post:
1. I want to thank and welcome all new readers (that word follower makes me slightly uncomfortable, but we'll discuss that another time). I've received so many kind words and appreciation, which is amazing especially considering no one knows me LOL! I dress for myself and it's great that others can see what I see when putting together an outfit.
2. My camera sucks, I am technology illiterate and have no idea of what type of new camera to purchase. I would LOVE your suggestions.
3. Since I've been blogging and meeting other bloggers, I am often asked why I'm not in the fashion industry as opposed to public service. As much as I love fashion, I seriously do not have the temperament to deal with other people's insecurities and body image issues. We all have insecurities; however it bothers me to no end to hear someone whine about a body part or a stretch mark or their 2nd toe being longer than their 1st. I'm sure a person missing a limb or with a disability would love to have your "problem", so please take the time to appreciate what you have. Just because others believe I dress well DOES NOT mean I should be a stylist. I have considered looking into it, but who am I kidding??? Folks would get on my last nerve...
4. I need to either really learn how to sew or find an awesome tailor. There are so many items I want that do not come in my size. If anyone can recommend an excellent seamstress in the Los Angeles, holla at your girl!
5. I now have Twitter *swipes late pass* @ivoryjinelle. Feel free to tweet or email me: email@example.com
Ok, on to the outfits:
Blazer: Metrostyle, Shirt: Asos, Belt: MK, Jeans: F21, Shoes: Kandee. Ok, so I'm freaking in love with these shoes! I'm currently on the hunt for a white dress that is as appropriately hot to pair with them. I've determined that white is the only color that I would like seen with the shoes (black isn't an option).
Friday, September 16, 2011
When MoMo asked if I wanted to join her in NYC for the PMM conference AND Fashion Night Out, I couldn't say no. I booked a last minute flight and managed to get to NYC around 6pm. I did not have a plan and we all know that if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. I only managed to get to Lord and Taylor to see Solange DJ'ing. She looked great! 5th Ave was SUPER crowded; every store had some type of event going on. Next year, I will for sure have a better strategy. The pics I managed to take aren't extra great, but y'all get the point:
Pieces of this outfit are nothing y'all ain't seen before. I wanted to be comfy and cute and I believe I achieved my goal :-)
Last week, I had the privilege of attending the Just As You Are blogger conference, given by Plus Model Magazine. The conference coincided with Fashion Night Out in NYC. This was my first blogger conference, and to be honest, I don't particularly consider myself an actual blogger. I met some fantastic ladies who's job is blogging; I do this in my free time. Of course, I wouldn't have had this opportunity if not for Monique (www.curvesandchaos.com). We had a blast tearing in NY and I racked my brain trying to figure out ways I could move there. Anyway, www.asUare.com is a new coat line that specializes in plus sizes. The main feature that stuck out to me was that you don't order by size, you order by measurements. The price point is excellent, especially considering the coat is made for YOU. Those who attended the conference were treated to a fashion show:
Being a LA gal, we don't really experience super cold weather, so I was pleased to hear that Just As You Are will also be featuring blazers and spring coats in the near future.
Here's what I wore to the conference:
Blazer: thrifted ($3!!!! FYI: you will be seeing this blazer many times; it's my new favorite piece; I LOVE peplums <3), Jeans: torrid (I cut them myself), Shoes: bebe, via Ebay, Belt: MoMo